They say that all the lines of the excellent Eno/Cale song "Cordoba" were taken by Eno from a Spanish textbook. (An odd textbook, no doubt.) If Kotsko can make multiple posts consisting only of links to his own posts, why can't I? Here is a list of things I've written relying on various constraints or artificialities:
- A thing written using only lines from the International Code of Signals.
- Left-handed plot description (in comments).
- Li Po gram.
- Nondecreasing cyclical gapless vowel thing 1.
- 2 (much worse).
- Shape-based text reordering thing.
- Two sonnets put into one.
- Ninja thing.
- [such was the list at the time of the post's composition; there are more below.]
The ninja thing shouldn't really count, but I did write it with the thought that I should incorporate as many Hopkins lines as possible. I thought there were more than the above (I'm deliberately omitting some stuff, admittedly), but perhaps I'm wrong, or have merely forgotten. I'm not really sure if this counts.
Later: a villanelle about Jonah Goldberg (with German rendition in comments).
Later still: a double lipogram, in i and u. And a stylistic exercise, with bonus in-jokes and allusions, that partly succeeded. This too was not a great success though I think it has some good lines. But this Russified Lichtenberg aphorism came off pretty well, I think.
A cento, more or less, drawn from the OED.